The Love of Lessons
I have been teaching diving lessons for 30 years now and I still very much enjoy it! The reasons are many — here are a few:
- BIG FUN!
- Low pressure.
- Allows you to focus on the fundamentals.
- Keeps you “grounded” (Yes, I know you can teach a back armstand twister from the 10M Platform — but when was the last time you taught “Terrified Timmy” a front flip off the 1M Springboard!)
- Keeps your creative juices flowing (refer to bullet point above — sometimes you REALLY need to think outside of the box!)
- Equally satisfying when “Little Non-athlete Johnny” learns a (simple) dive he never dreamed possible as when “Superstar Athlete” learns a “big trick” off 3M or 10M.
- The smiles on the faces of the divers!
- The smiles on the faces of the appreciative parents!
- Helping to build self-confidence in young children.
- Self-esteem boosting!
- Teaching life lessons is never a bad thing!
- Letting kids know that failure is okay and the greatest success comes in simply trying again!
Wishing you a SAFE and SUCCESSFUL Diving Season!