- This standard clamp fits I-Beams with flange width from 5-inches to 9-inches (127mm – 228mm) or a flange width from 9-inches to 14-inches (228mm to 355mm), and a flange thickness up to ¾ inches (18mm).
- WARNING: If the thickness of the bottom flange (the wider horizontal part of an I-Beam) is greater than ¾ inches, larger “jaws” are needed. Do NOT use this standard clamp for beams with flanges greater than ¾ inches in thickness!
- If the thickness of the bottom flange of your I-Beam is greater than 3/4 inches — you can still order I-Beam Clamps but you will need a different set of “jaws” made. Please contact us for more information.
- Contructed entirely from heavy gauge cold-rolled steel; each joint is expertly welded and reinforced to resist maximum stress. Beam clamps are electrostatically coated with a deep blue enamel paint.
- Most overhead spotting applications require two clamps, two quick links, one single pulley and one double pulley. In some rare instances where the spotter must stand a great distance away from the diving board (as in an over the water spotting rig where the diving board is in the middle of the pool), we suggest that you consider adding one more double pulley placed directly above (or nearly directly above) the spotter. It is then much easier to pull the ropes straight down and decrease the chances of being pulled into the pool! In this case, you would need THREE clamps, three quick links, two double pulleys and one single pulley.
- Beam clamps (and therefore the pulleys) should be placed equidistant apart from the center of the diving board or trampoline and should both be installed at the same height. For spotting rigs placed above diving boards, the US Diving Safety Manual recommends that the pulleys be placed 2 1/2 – 3 feet in front of the tip end of the diving board. The coach should stand directly beneath the double pulley (which for over the water spotting, should be at least five feet away from the edge of the pool).
- All users of any overhead spotting equipment should know their limitations and the limitations of the equipment they are using. Consult the US Diving Safety Manual or United States Diving, Inc. for more information or to find the date, time and location of a “How To” Spotting Clinic in your area.
- The manufacturer of this item has a 25% re-stocking fee if this item is purchased and then returned for ANY reason (other than product defect or shipping damage).
An I-Beam is the most common attachment point for pulleys in an overhead spotting rig and is commonly used for mounting various diving, gymnastic and physical education apparatus to the ceiling or overhead structure.
These adjustable clamps are designed to fit an I-beam with a flange (the wider horizontal part of an I-Beam) width of between 5 to 9 inches, or 9 to 14 inches.
5-9 Inches, 9-14 Inches